Wednesday, March 27, 2019

That Summer

Just a quick update: I'm writing chapter 8 of new book. It's called That Summer and so far I'm liking it a lot. Another ghost story, this time with a twelve year-old protagonist who's just been through a battery of tests to try and get to the bottom of her behavioural problems. The spectrum diagnosis may be appropriate, but the fact that she's surrounded by ghosts surely has something to do with it, too. In any case, a Summer spent with her grandparents should provide her the break she needs before going back to both school and her team of doctors.
But it comes with new challenges, too. Her 'break' turns into an opportunity to learn about her gifts instead of merely coping with them...only she'll have to accept that her teachers are ghosts, and they want something in return.
I'm thinking of doing the self-publishing under a pseudonym. In my haste to start this challenge, I focused on the aspects of it that were practical: it'll help me learn about self-publishing in the most comprehensive way, and it's an excuse to write another book. :)
But what if it's not my best? What if, in my efforts to learn more, I sabotage myself with something mediocre?
...
It'll take more thought, for sure. Right now, though, I'll get back to it.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment